With the release of Samurai’s Blood #4 this week we sat down for a brief interview with series writer/co-creator Owen Wiseman. Owen was gracious enough to give some insight on the inspirations for the series, the characters, and what fans can expect from future issues. He was also gracious enough to give a peak at a prose tale that spins out of Samurai’s Blood world.
1. Can you give a bit of background on the series and what inspired you to write this particular series?
2. The main characters, Katashi, Jun, and Mayuko can you give a little information about these characters for those who may not have ever read this series before?
3. In addition to the three main characters you’ve introduced to the mysterious man who offered to train Katashi will we find out more about him in upcoming issues?
4. Will we get more background on the villain of the piece Gakushi and his motivations for wiping out the Sanjo Clan? Clearly he wants power but it seems that there is more to his actions that what is seen on the surface.
4. Can you give us a teaser for what fans can expect from upcoming issues?
Diamond Order Code: JUL110541
story OWEN WISEMAN
art NAM KIM, MATTHEW DALTON & SAKTI YUMONO
cover JO CHEN
32 PAGES / FC / T
ON SALE SEPTEMBER 21ST
Tensions rise as Katashi’s impatience and lack of foresight create greater obstacles for freeing Mayuko. But when the proud samurai Tokugawa Daigan desires a battle with Katashi in the arena, Jun makes a decision that puts both Katashi and Mayuko at risk.